Caritas of the Archdiocese of Łódź is a non-profit, charitable organization that provides help to the residents in need of Łódź region. Our help is offered in the name of God and his Merciful Love.
Caritas of the Archdiocese of Łódź is a catholic charitable organization.
We provide help to people in need. We work wisely with respect and love.
We want to make the world a better place.
Since 1990, Caritas of the Archdiocese of Łódź has been providing its help to those who have found themselves in a difficult life situation or on the margin of society. We help children, the disabled, the unemployed, the homeless, natural disaster victims, the elderly and terminally ill patients.
We offer the following services:
- Four Daycare Centers. We take care of the poorest children and youth in need, with dysfunctional background, threatened or affected by social exclusion. We have been organizing summer camps since 1992, with almost 500 children, including Polonia ones, attending every year. We coordinate campaign called “Wings” which helps to develop children’s interests and broadens their mind.
- Occupational and Social Activation Center OAZiS. We offer social and professional skills training for the unemployed and also employment/educational/career counseling. We are registered to the listing of training institutions.
- Occupational and Social Activation Center of the Disabled OAZiS ON. Occupational Activity Center ZAZ. We offer social and employment skills training for the disabled and also medical rehabilitation, employment counseling and employment service.
- Two Adult Daycare Centers for seniors who need help, support and contact with other people.
- Hospice for terminally ill patients which provides care for people in the last stages of incurable diseases.
- Charitable Support Center PPCh. We provide various services to address the specific needs of Łódź population, these include: food parcels, clothing, utilities, furniture. We also provide free meals for 250 people in the communal dining and offer cash assistance to poor households for the purchase of medicines.
- Volunteer Services Biuro Wolontariatu. We provide training for volunteers, support and aid to the continuing mission of Caritas. We support people in different social problems and situations. We coordinate and provide work of School Caritas Groups SKC, Parish Caritas Groups PZC. We offer help in local community to those who have found themselves in a difficult life situation.
- Charitable campaigns such as: A Heart for Christmas, Christmas Appeal for Children in Need, A Happy Backpack, Charity Bags, Caritas for Easter Drive, Easter Alms.
- Counselling Service. We provide a wide range of strategies to help others to do their best. Free legal, social, psychological, educational-pedagogical and family counseling.
- Special needs camps for children and adults as well as summer camps for children in Łask-Kolumna and Drzewociny/Dłutów.
Each year twelve thousand people threatened or affected by social exclusion benefit from social assistance providing by Caritas of the Archdiocese of Łódź.
You can help:
Bank Pekao S.A. V O/ Lodz
13 1240 1545 1787 0000 1165 5178 (USD)
05 1240 1545 1978 0000 1165 5181 (EURO)
For more information, contact:
Caritas of the Archdiocese of Łódź
90-507 Łódź, ul. Gdańska 111
phone number: (+48 42) 639 95 81
fax: (+48 42) 639 95 80
Caritas on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/caritas.lodz